- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Determining Eligibility, Entitlement, and Payments [manoa.hawaii.edu]
- GI Bill website for additional benefit information. [www.gibill.va.gov] (Depending on how you describe the Richardson JD program, the VA may not immediately recognize it as an “approved” program. Be sure to use these exact words: Course Name: “JD Law” at School: “University of Hawaii at Manoa”)
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Yellow Ribbon Program website – The availability of these funds is determined annually and is announced in May for the academic year beginning in the Fall. The priority application deadline is normally in July. Schools participating in the YRP are required to offer participation to students on a “first come, first served” basis. For application information, please see UH Manoa Yellow Ribbon Program site.
- WEAMS Public Website
- Veteran Educational Benefits: After you register for classes in August:
- Review information on veteran benefits
- Complete the Graduate Students Enrollment Certification Form. (To access the form, you must set up your MyUH account if you haven’t done so already. MyUH is our online student information system that provides access to university services).
- Email the UH Mānoa Veterans Affairs Office (email@example.com) to request a student responsibility form, complete and return it to them.
- Obtain a Certificate of Eligibility from the US Department of Veterans Affairs and submit it to the UH Mānoa Veterans Affairs Office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
UH VETERANS’ SERVICES
The following websites and information are related to the University of Hawai‘i.
- Veterans Affairs – Office of the Registrar [manoa.hawaii.edu]
- Post-9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33) at UH Mānoa [manoa.hawaii.edu]
- UH Office of Veterans Support Services [www.studentaffairs.manoa.hawaii.edu]
- GI Bill and Financial Aid [PDF, 570KB]
UH VETERANS’ STUDENT ORGANIZATIONS
- Student Veterans of America (SVA) [studentveterans.org] exists to provide military veterans with resources, support, and advocacy needed to succeed in higher education and beyond.
- Facebook Hawai‘i Alliance of Student Veterans [www.facebook.com] serves as a great referral to student veterans looking to get involved and connect to other veterans on campus and in the community.
- Honolulu Vet Center (808) 973-9387
- West Oahu Vet Center (808) 674-2414
Visit our page for Veterans’ Scholarships