Lecturer in Law
BA, University of Washington, 2001
JD, William S. Richardson School of Law, 2007
Ms. Holden concentrates her practice in the areas of civil litigation, complex commercial litigation, environmental/land use law and appellate practice. Ms. Holden has worked on a variety of litigation matters, including commercial and business disputes, land use and environmental claims, premises liability and representing insurers in coverage, bad faith, and ERISA litigation. Ms. Holden has represented clients in all phases of litigation practice, from pleading, discovery and pre-trial motion practice through summary judgment, trial and appeal. She is also experienced in administrative proceedings.
Examples of Ms. Holden’s experience include:
- Civil Litigation: Represented plaintiffs and defendants in negligence, breach of contract, franchise disputes, breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, insurance defense, ERISA and foreclosure matters.
- Securities Litigation: Worked on litigation team prosecuting claims brought under the federal securities laws and under Hawaii’s Blue Sky laws.
- Unfair and deceptive trade practices and unfair methods of competition: Represented client in a jury trial brought by the Hawai‘i Attorney General for violations of HRS Chapter 480.
- Environmental/land use: Defended clients in connection with permitting, contested case hearings and litigation involving conservation district use permits.
- Post Trial & Appellate Work: Successfully represented clients prosecuting and defending appeals before the Hawai‘i Intermediate Court of Appeals and the Hawai‘i Supreme Court.
Ms. Holden is a graduate of the University of Washington. She graduated magna cum laude from the University of Hawai‘i William S. Richardson School of Law, where she served on the editorial board of the law review and co-authored an article: American Reparations Theory and Practice at a Crossroads, 44 Cal. W.L. Rev. 1 (2007). After law school, Ms. Holden clerked for Chief Justice Ronald T.Y. Moon at the Hawai‘i Supreme Court. Prior to joining Cox Fricke LLP, Ms. Holden was an associate at Goodsill Anderson Quinn & Stifel LLP.